COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES FOR OUR COMPANY
Over 10 tonnes of optical glass in stock including all popular glass manufacturers e.g. Schott, Ohara, CDGM etc so faster lead times on glass components can be offered every time.
Phoenix Optical Technologies have created and also exclusively manufacture and supply our very own toughened glass called ARMOURDILLO which has been specially designed to be chemically strengthened and also coated. ARMOURDILLO glass is used to protect optics whilst still being an optical glass with optical properties.
Phoenix is located within a Technology Park in North Wales that is widely recognised in the UK as a centre for excellence in optics. Glyndŵr University Optical Campus is located within this park allowing direct and positive engagement between this learning facility and Industry.
THE END USE OF OUR COMPONENTS
Our optical components are used in many applications across the world which include:
- Night vision equipment and HHTI
- Surveillance and security cameras
- Radar, mapping and tracking devices
- Space optics assembly programmes
- Laser and cutting equipment
- Test and measurement equipment
- UAV’sPeriscopes/telescopes for military and non militaryGimbal’sTarget acquisition
- Protective windows over optical systems For all manner of component designed for military aircraft/sea vessels and land vehicles
- R&D projects for scientific research, lab work and specialised optical designs